Ah, the box it's in I will probably be using for linux anyways, I'm really 
disappointed the second card thing doesn't work well. I heard xp and 2k 
don't particularly like ISA devices. It would be quite nice to be able to 
turn a Pac Mate TNS in to an external synth.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Doc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws sluggish with second sound card


>I wouldn't worry about your doubletalk pc 6.2 wouldn't recognize it anyway.
> I have it also on an old pentium 2 and it doesn't even show in jaws 5.0 as
> an option.
> Robert Doc Wright
> http://www.wrightplaceinc.net
> MSN instant messaging
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Brent Harding" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 8:21 PM
> Subject: Jaws sluggish with second sound card
>
>
>> Hi! I am running JFW 6.2. I have an Asus MotherBoard with the
>> Soundmax/Digital MB sound driver on it. I also run a Turtle Beach Montigo
> as
>> my primary card. When I run jfw with the synth1port=Digital MB, it does
> come
>> through the secondary sound card. However, it is untolerably latent and
>> sluggish. It takes between 2-3 seconds between when I hit something, and
>> hear a response. I even tried updating the eloquence driver as FS
> recommends
>> to no avail. I pretty well left the onboard sound enabled so I could do
>> this. How can I get it so it's responsive like my Turtle Beach is? I'd 
>> use
>> the double talk PC, which strangely enough is still being sold, instead,
> but
>> this new board has no ISA slot. It reminds me of old problems I used to
> have
>> at school, when their system was barely adequate to run jaws, but 3 ghz
>> hyperthreaded should be well enough to handle it. Is it getting slow
> because
>> Jaws and sound have to wait for each other, in which case, a dual core or
>> dual processor setup would help?
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>> http://www.pc-audio.org
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to