From the JFWlite list, february, 2004

             From: "dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

here  yuh go dood.
       Bulletin Type: FAQ
       Product Name: JAWS for Windows
       Version: 4.51
       Category: Synthesizers
       Question:
       I have two sound cards on my computer. How do I make sure JAWS uses
the
       one I want?
       Answer:
       Many JAWS users who also use music or audio production software want
JAWS
       and Eloquence to speak through one sound card, while using the other
for
       their production work. To do this, you need to edit a file called
JFW.ini
       and install the updated Eloquence Speech driver in the accompanying
zip
       file.

       Editing the jfw.ini file:

       1. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, browse your hard drive to
the
       currently running version of JAWS and find the jfw.ini file in that
       folder.

       2. Press ENTER to open.

       3. You should find some lines that read:

       Synth1Name=eloq

       Synth1LongName=Eloquence for JAWS

       Synth1Driver=eloq

       The number doesn't matter, it may be 1, 2, or 3, but it must be the
same
       for all entries for Eloquence.

       4. Add the following line after the driver line: Synth1Port=SB Live!
Wave
       Device Of course, you need to make sure that the synth number matches
the
       other lines, so that if the Driver line read:

       Sytn3Driver=eloq

       Then the port line would read:

       Synth3Port=SB Live! Wave Device

       The text after the = sign in the Port line comes from Control
Panel/Sound
       & Multimedia/Audio tab It must be one of the entries that can be
chosen
       for Preferred Playback device.

       5. Save your changes and exit Notepad.

       Now you must install the updated driver.As long as JAWS is running and
       speaking through Eloquence, eloq.jls cannot be simply overwritten when
       unzipping the file. You will need to switch to NoSpeech or MS SAPI to
get
       the eloq.jls to overwrite properly.

       1. Download the file from

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/eloq.zip

2. Unzip the zip file into the root of the active JAWS directory where
you
       made the change to the jfw.ini file.

       3. Restart JAWS and it should now be speaking from the sound card you
       wanted.

       4. If not, make sure the entries are correct in the jfw.ini file and
that
       your sound card is indeed installed correctly. Most audio and music
       production software allows you to select a sound device for it as
well, so
       it can use one sound card while JAWS uses another.