Hello,
    I'm new to this list and have a question about which soundcard I should get
for my computer.  I have one that came with it but I get a 6.1K high pitched
tone whenever I record anything.  I don't want to filter it out although if
anybody knows how to do this in goldwave or some other sound editor I'd be
interested.  Here's what I'm looking for in a soundcard"
A low noise floor for converting my songs from half inch 8-track to the
hard-drive
The ability to play soundfonts
a couple of inputs and outputs
Anysuggestions?