Caroline,

I bought a Griffin IMic, several months ago, for precisely the same project
you have in mind, digitizing my cassette collection. The iMic gave excellent
results! and, after completing that project, I still use it as my secondary
sound card, for playing the output of Winamp and Windows Media Player
through my stereo. I recommend it VERY highly.

There's no software involved. Just plug the IMic into a USB port; plug the
output of your stereo's amplifier into the IMic's in-jack; and make sure
whatever digitizing software you're using (I use goldwave.) is taking its
input from the IMic. (There is a selector switch on the IMic, which is
supposed to be for selecting between its input and output circuits. But I've
never figured out its actual function. Both input and output through the
IMic work perfectly well *regardless* of which setting I select.) And, once
you're wired up correctly, you should be good to go!

Good luck!

Blessed Be,

Dana
that's Dayna, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE