Shigeru,
I really can't help you with any other aspect of your problem, but I
think I can address the quality of your sound when using Winamp,
because I ran into this problem a couple of nights ago.
Make sure that you have the TR driver to load only when TR is
running. Also make sure that in your sound card settings that you
have your sound card as your default play and record devices.
I ran across this problem when I was using total recorder to edit an
mp3 file, and at the same time using Winamp to playback the file. I
of course have Winamp set as my default program for playing mp3
files. Anyway, also make sure you don't have TR running while also
running Winamp.
I thought your description of the resulting sound was quite accurate.
For a time I thought I would need a bit of help with that one too,
until I realized just what I was doing, and considering that I had
never encountered that problem before.
Take care,
Larry
At 05:09 PM 12/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hello everyone:
>
>
>
>I've been having a bit of a problem. I have a Pentium 4 with XP
>professional. It's running at about 3.08GHz with one gigabytes of RAM.
>Ever since I installed Total Recorder about a month ago, I've been having to
>take care of a problem here and there.
>
>
>
>It started out with the microphone input on the soundcard no longer
>responding. It turned out that somehow the Total Recorder's driver did not
>like the SoundBlaster Audigy driver and corrupted it. This problem was
>fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the SoundBlaster Audigy driver, and
>the microphone input on the soundcard now works. But in the process the
>Total Recorder's driver disappeared. At this point that is a minor issue
>for me.
>
>
>
>Then the second major problem happened. For some reason, the rear speakers
>on the surround sound system quit working. I know the speakers themselves
>are working because when I use them as front speakers, they work. So at
>this point I don't know whether there is something wrong with the soundcard
>or the controller that is connected to the soundcard since I have no idea
>how I can test them. I forgot to mention that the sound system is Boston
>Acoustics' BA7900 5 and 1 speaker system. It is possible that the problem
>may be the subwoofer since the all the speakers are directly connected to
>it. The controller brings the sound signals from the soundcard and feeds
>them into the subwoofer.
>
>
>
>My third problem, which is the reason for this inquiry, is that I noticed
>last night Winamp was playing the podcast files I downloaded in very poor
>quality. They sound like listening to a far-away FM radio station with
>quite a bit of static. Sometimes the files played are breaking up as if I'm
>getting a bad stream. I played the same files on Studio Recorder and Sound
>Forge, and they are in perfect quality with no extra noise.
>
>
>
>Does anyone out there happen to know what's going on with my system? I
>don't know if I need to be focusing on my soundcard, Winamp or speaker
>system. I've unstalled and reinstalled different versions of Winamp several
>times. But the result is just the same. I wish I new how surround sound
>signals are coming out from the soundcard, so that I could test to see if
>all the ports are in working order.
>
>
>
>There are five jacks on the soundcard. I know the microphone jack, line-in
>jack and line-out (at least I think that's what it is) jack are working.
>But I'm not sure about the jack between line-in and line-out, and the jack
>on the outside opposite from the microphone jack.
>
>
>
>If anyone out there can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
>
>
>Sorry about the long-winded explanation of my problem.
>
>
>
>ST
>
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>http://www.pc-audio.org
>
>To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other
>lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer,
visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com