Yes, but who wants to cram all their guests into their computer room? the reason I run to my main stereo is that I want to have music for my company. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 9:36 AM Subject: Re: mp3's to hi fi
> Hi. The basic idea here is to just use one set of cables to do the job, > the problem is that the computer and the stereo receiver have to be close > enough together to make it work. Actually, an even better solution is to > simply buy a surround sound system for your computer. I have one and the > sound is supurb. this eliminates the need for hooking it up to your stereo > completely, and the sound is a whole lot nicer. > > At 07:16 AM 12/25/2005, you wrote: > >Hi Doc. > > > >I'm using a 1 meter quarter inch miniplug to mini-socket, though I have > >strung five of these together. The volume of the sound is reduced and if I > >try and turn the volume up, I get quite poor quality. If however, I burn > >the tracks onto a cd and play these through my amp, there is a vast quality > >of sound. Another list member said that it could be the quality of my > >on-board sound card that is causing the problem. Perhaps I need a better > >sound card as well as a new hi-fi; Need to start saving then I think! > > > >Best wishes. > > > >Andy. > > > >----- Original Message ----- > >From: "doc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]> > >Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:16 PM > >Subject: Re: computer mp3's to hi fi > > > > > > > tell us more about the type of cable you used. I've been using a stereo Y > > > cable from my soundcard to my stereo since 2000. I've had no degradation > > > of sound. > > > My drinking team has a bowling problem. > > > robert Doc Wright > > > http://www.wrightplaceinc.net > > > msn > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > To: "PC audio discussion list." <[email protected]> > > > Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:28 PM > > > Subject: computer mp3's to hi fi > > > > > > > > >> Hi all. > > >> > > >> I have a large collection of cd's on my computer and I wish to listen to > > >> these through my hi fi. > > >> > > >> I have already tried the wireless path by purchasing a Veronica, but the > > >> quality was quite poor with the signal fading slightly when I broke the > > > beam > > >> so to speak. I also tried a wire from my computer to an auxiliary input > > > on > > >> my hi-fi, but the quality suffered quite badly. > > >> > > >> > > >> I'm thinking of upgrading my ten year old 2 speaker hi fi and thought > > >> that > > >> I'd write to the list to see if there was a particular Amplifier or > > > Receiver > > >> which gave better results, perhaps with a usb or similar connection. > > >> > > >> Best wishes and Pease at this time. > > >> > > >> Andy > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> -- > > >> No virus found in this outgoing message. > > >> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >> Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.3/209 - Release Date: > > >> 21/12/2005 > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> _______________________________________________ > > >> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > > >> http://www.pc-audio.org > > >> > > >> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > > >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > >> > > >> This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we > > > offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com > > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > > PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > > > http://www.pc-audio.org > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > > > This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we > > > offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > No virus found in this incoming message. > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > > Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.3/209 - Release Date: 21/12/2005 > > > > > > > > > > > > > >-- > >No virus found in this outgoing message. > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.3/209 - Release Date: 21/12/2005 > > > > > > > >_______________________________________________ > >PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > >http://www.pc-audio.org > > > >To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > >[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > >This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we > >offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com > > > _______________________________________________ > PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > http://www.pc-audio.org > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com
