Hi all! I spent a little of my Christmas cash and bought a Logitech USB headset/mic combo today. When I got it home and plugged it into my USB port, all went correctly, windows saw everything it needed to see and it's being recognized. In the instructions, it says to make sure the headset is your default playback device in windows which, when it's plugged in, it is. When I unplug it, it goes back to my sound card. While it's plugged in to the USB port for some reason, certain sounds come through the headset, and other sounds come through the speakers. for example on a skype call, the person speaking comes through my speakers, but software speech from JAWS and other sounds can be heard on my headset. Not only that, but people tell me that the volume level is very low. I wanted to see if I could track the problem down, so I went into the windows volume control and made sure the mic was checked in playback. it wasn't, so I checked it and the mic level was only at like 19% so I kicked it up to 70% so I could test it. So when I did that, i made a call to echo 123 on Skype and tested it. I couldn't hear myself, which obviously means something is wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. I even made sure that the mic was unmuted in playbackso i'm not sure what the deal is.
If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, I'd very much appreciate it! _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com
