I don't know if that assumption is correct, especially with a
multi-channel sound card like the one you have.  There are reasons
why enabling a second soundcard for your screenreader makes sense,
like if you were using your pc to record and you wanted to keep the
speech out of the stream you are recording, but your screenreader
won't run any better by enabling your onboard soundcard while running
the turtlebeach.