This is definitely true.  Let me give you an idea about our
surroundings.  We live in an apartment complex which contains
about150 units.  It is in the middle of a heavily populated area in
town surrounded by restaurants, shopping, office buildings and lots
of traffic.  We have never had a problem with interference.

That being said I should mention that the Varonica comes with the
frequency already set.  Therefore, we made sure that we picked a
setting that was totally void of any other broadcasting in our area.