Since Winamp can handle the files in their raw state, I don't usually
convert to mp3.  Asf files play beautifully.  Files in wma format can
be played on most mp3 players too, so I don't see much profit in
conversion unless your player doesn't support formats other than
mp3.  Mp3 is a familiar format, and I just wanted to point out that
there are other, and possibly better, options available to us.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com