I can only repeat that in spite of Chris's problems, I use the enhanced
sound card in replay whenever I use the program.  The only adaptation I make
is that after replay or any other addition, I always go back into my volume
control and change back to my sound card drivers.  It lets things record and
play better for me, but I uncheck the "use default" driver so if a program
wants a different one, it can get to it.  I have never had any problems with
replay's enhanced sound card.  Some do have problems, however, and they
acknowledge this and advise that one immediately uninstall it if one does.
Uninstalling this feature is relatively easy.  If you capture streams
directly, this feature is irrelevant.  I have a dial-up connection, however,
so using the stream capture feature will not work for me.  You have to be
already connected to the net for it to work properly.  Most DSL and cable
users use the capture stream feature and for them the enhanced sound card
feature is irrelevant.  My need is to set up a recording so the computer
will dial in, make the recording, and hang up when done till the next
scheduled recording.  The only reason I use AV is because some day I might
want to record something with its video.  Of course, if I magically had
broadband access, then the AV features I can not use would come into play.
Ron Denis