Julie, there are lots of ways to do what you want to do.  People have
been talking a lot about Replay AV  and that program lets you record
online radio programs onto your hard drive while you still work at
the computer.  If you want to just capture a short bit of JAWS
speaing, you can use windows Sound Recorder.  To do this, first you
have to go into the windows volume control, into the recording
properties, and check the box for the stereo mixer or What you Hear
setting.  Then, once you turn on the recorder, whatever JAWS says
will be recorded.  You can do this same thing better with a sound
editor called Goldwave or with a free sound editor called
Wavepad.  the tool you choose will depend on what you want to accomplish.
I hope this helps.  Keep asking questions and also trying to figure
it out by experimenting with the information you get in the answers.

Dean