To anyone who knew him and/or followed his posts:

I received word early tonight that Ray Slayton,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, died suddenly and unexpectedly this morning
of an apparent heart attack.

I am not sure whether he was a member of blindtech or to what other
lists he belonged, but he was a frequent contributor to pc-audio.

Ray had been, according to family friends, the "picture of health."

Though like so many of us he was a night owl, his wife was shocked to
find  that around noon he had not yet awakened.  She called 911 and
he was  pronounced dead at his home.

I have no further details, but anyone who is interested in future
arrangements may write me off list at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and I
will let you know as soon as I receive the info.

I have been in touch with Jonathan and wish to thank him for removing
Ray's address from any lists to which he may be subscribed.

Thank you; and please remember Ray in your thoughts and prayers, or
in whatever manner your spiritual convictions dictate.

Pam Drake