Nektarios, you wrote:

> I am able to find an iriver h140. Isn't that an older model though? I
> mean older than the 340? Are there esential differences between the
> two? Is rockbox supporting the h140?

Yes, it is an older modell, but an even better one in my oopinion. It
has optical in and out, which the 300s don't have. However, it can't
play video files, this is only possible with the 300s. Also, the 300s
have a display which is turned off after one hasn't pressed a key on the
300 for some time. The next key press doesn't do anything except
reactivating the display. At least it works like this with the original
iRiver firmware. Rockbox supports the 140 very well. Jonathan Mosen did
a review of the 140 with Rockbox.

By the way, Rockbox now also works on the iAudio X5, which another
member of this list recommended. IAudio players are available here in
Europe too. But my favorite is the iRiver 140. With the X5, one has to
use a docking station for a couple of things. For instance I believe,
that the USB port of the machine is on the docking station. Also the
iRiver has a built-in mic preamp, so that one can use normal stereo mics
with it. However, I do not know whether Rockbox supports this feature.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>