to elaborate, it is good to have a fairly recent version of the
firmware, since APH has made improvements in this aspect of the
device.  Under Options, you program the time interval moved when you
hit +3 forward or 1+2 backward.  the choices are 2 10 and 30
seconds.  Also, 3, 6 and 9 forward or 1, 4 and 7 backward are
supposed to move by increasingly large intervals of time.  this isn't
too exact in my experience, but then I'm not too exact either so I
haven't analyzed it.

Dean