Hi!

I wish I knew of a good, one-stop resource for finding out all about how 
multimedia players/recorders and files, libraries, skins, playlists and 
anything else work.  I'm not very familiar with these things.  Some time ago 
I downloaded a file with the extension "ASX".  It was indicated that this is 
a Windows Media Player file.  Today I set up Windows Media Player 10, then 
went to the folder where I stored the file and opened it.  Instead of 
playing directly, I was taken online and then it started playing.  Since I 
have dial-up connection, it would play, then break, then play again.  I know 
that dial-up connection is not a good option for listening to things online. 
Eventually I got a message saying that Windows Media Player could not play 
the file.  I can understand that, if the file is no longer stored in the 
place where I got it.  It's the 911 call that someone made while on a heroic 
rescue of a man and his daughter, from Readers Digest and HappyNews.com, so 
I can see that this would be temporary.  But why can't I play the file 
off-line that I downloaded?

Sharon 


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, 
visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

Reply via email to