Hi!
I would personally upgrade. I believe that version 5.13 is the version that
a lot of people are using now, but I am using the latest version, 5.22, with
no problems. The built-in scripts make it even more functional. You could
also try using goldwave or soundforge to convert the files. Demos for both
programs are available. Please let me know if I can be of any more
assistance.
Allison