Having a very strong interest in hurricanes and severe weather
events, I would like to take advantage of the live coverage from
http://www.hurricanecity.com.  However, this requires that I install
Real Player on my PC.  Considering the fact that the installation of
Real Player on my previous home PC messed my system up terribly, and
the fact that I just watched the installation of Real Player wreck
several PC's at work recently, I'm not feeling very good about trying
it on this new and very well-functioning PC.  Is there anything I can
do to avoid the intrusiveness of this program, the spyware it
installs on your PC and its tendency to just muck things up
horribly?  I am wondering specifically about Real Alternative,
although the research I have done shows that this program does not do
streaming audio, which is what I would need for Hurricane
City.  Actually, since Florence is going to hit Bermuda soon and I
would hate like heck to miss a good hurricane, I would appreciate any
help with this ASAP.  If I did have to install RP, is there anything
I can do to keep it from causing mayhem on my system?