First, make sure you have lane_enc.dll set up in this
folder:  C:\WINDOWS\system\Lame_Enc.Dll

Next, go into the Recording Source and Perameters dialog, and make
sure Convert using "Recording format" specified below is
checked.  then hit space on the Change button to open the dialog to
set the recording format.  You will have a combo box to choose the
file format, also various presets for common formats.

Hope this helps.

Dean