Hi,

Is the station being streamed from your house?  If it is, then you probally 
don't have enough andwidth to handle a server.

If, however, it's going through a professional server, don't know what the 
problem might be?

Rick
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jardata Mail Services" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:13 PM
Subject: Question about Bit Rates in Streaming


> Hello List!
>
> I notice that, since I put my internet radio station streaming rate at 
> 128kb/44, I have gotten some drop out when I play the station through my 
> internet link on my web site and my friend got the same thing. Sounds 
> great, but drops out for a short period of time.
>
> When you hear or stream the station through my internet link, the music is 
> played in Real Player.  I'm thinking that, maybe, I have Real Player's 
> connection rate too high.  I have it set at DSL/Cable 256-750+ (different 
> times).  The maximum is set the same.  Should I chose 56.6kps, even though 
> I have a DSL connection?  I think Real Player's choices go up to T1 or so.
>
> Also, what should I have the setting for a 128k stream?  I currently have 
> the Encoder set at 128k/44. stereo.  Is this correct?  If not, what should 
> it be?
>
> James Robinson
> _______________________________________________
> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we 
> offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com 


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, 
visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

Reply via email to