Ok, here's my original message on the subject of the Imic posted on 4
December 2006.
“       Subject:        Them little round plastic things

Hi All!

I'm a user of 2 very different computer systems here, I use standard

PC'S with Windows and LINUX and I use my trusty Mac so when I heard

about a small sound device that could be plugged into all my machines

without any need for drivers I was most interested hence the arrival

of my Imic today.

I felt cheated there for a while when i received the box, something

as small as this promising me good audio quality? My misgivings

increased upon the opening of the box to discover that the Imic is

about 1 and a half inches round, it looks almost comical, like one of

those toys we used to play with as kids, like an oversized watch or a

standard sized lollypop but the outside looks I can assure you having

tested this little beauty are truly deceptive.

The Imic plugs into a USB 2.0 port of your  computer and as I've

already stated, whether you're a fan of your Mac or of your PC makes

no difference whatsoever, just plug the Imic in and you have another

sound device, great for those laptop systems that don't have a full

sound device built-in.

The layout of the Imic is extremely simple, just 2 3.5MM minijack

stereo sockets and 1 switch. One socket is for line-out whilst the

other is for line-in/stereo microphone, the switch toggles the line-

in socket between microphone and line-in.

So how does it perform? just as good as any other sound card  or

device as I said earlier, I'm amazed.

How do you know its connected? With the Mac you see it available as

an audio input/output device. In Windows, you'll see it in the list

of audio devices under the audio tab in Sound.

How much is an Imic? An absolute steal at $50.00 Australia, that's

what I paid for mine.

A CD ROM comes with the Imic but as yet I haven't examined its

contents, I've had no need to.”