The unit is not released yet so time wil tell

Stephen A. Guerra
Assistive Technology Specialist
Independent Living Aids
 
200 Robbins Lane
Building A, Suite 100
Jericho, NY 11753
Phone: (516) 937-1848
  Fax: (516) 937-3906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.independentliving.commm
www.annmorris.comm
www.soundbytes.com
 
 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Olympus DS Series


The first place I heard about this Olympus DS device was via a podcast
done for Blind Cool Tech. For those who purchase this device I would
like to know: 1. Is the voice guidance feature set to ON by default? I
read this feature can be turned off by sighted users. 

2. It comes with software version 7. I hope the software is not
required. Just copy and paste the folders and files to the device is
good enough for us. The software is probably going to be inaccessible -
just my opinion. 

The only thing missing with these devices is an expansion slot for
external cards like micro SD or SD.

In my opinion this is the greatest device for the blind if it is what it
is "accessible" with the voice guidance feature since the Book Port
because it is made for both sighted and blind users the Olympus device.

 I will support both Olympus and APH here.

Petro    


Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

__________ NOD32 1973 (20070112) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com




Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to