From: "Keith Gillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: Clarifying M issue with the 58, was Re: mic

LOL dudes!

You guys really brake me up man!

I've done loads of recording and even though I am just a lowly drummer I can
tell you that it's my experience that the 58 is not industry standard for
vocals in the recording studio.

It is however, the standard for live performance.

Just like the SM 57 is the preferred choice for most live instrument
settings.

I've seen and used mikes in the studio that cost over a grand each no
problem.

I mike my kit with old Zen 421's and the snare with a 441 and I will never
give em up LOL!

Yall problbly know that there are plenty of rip offs on sure products like
the mexican 58 and the Tywaun 58.
One needs to be vary careful when buying if they want a true made in USA
sure product.

Sing on...Keith