Hi Billy,

Jonathan's tutorial is quite good and mostly still relevant.  I'm quite 
surprised that FS won't sell it anymore.  You should ask Jonathan if he 
would be willing to give it away at this point, especially if he doesn't 
have any plans to revise it.  Brian Hartgen also has a tutorial.  I believe 
he can be contacted on tandt-consultency.co.uk.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Billy Ray Legendary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: Sound Forge Tutorial


Hey, Jana!

    Formerly Littlejohn here... if you know what I mean.

    I looked into Sound Forge tutorials recently, and was told by the
Snowman that I should get Jonathon Mozen's basic Sound Forge tutorial
offered by Freedom Scientific, however, upon checking with Freedom, I was
told that the tutorial was quite old, and therefore, not carried by them
anymore.

    I  also called Jonathon directly, just to see if he might have an old
copy laying around, but to no avail.  I finally gave up, and bought N-Track
Studio, because I wanted to get back into multi-track recording in the music
world again.

    My total cost for the N-Track studio was $54, and I can record as many
tracks as I need, at least, theoretically speaking, so if you do not find a
copy of a Sound Forge tutorial, you might give it a try.

    Should you find a Sound Forge tutorial, please, let me know... I would
like to use my Sound Forge 8.0 to modify my different music sounds with its
sound editing capabilities.

    Here is the URL for N-Track studio, and you can find a basic tutorial on
ACB radio back in about the 2001 shows by Matthew Bullis.  He basically
covers the menus, what they do, as well as shows you how to record basic
tracks.  In it, he covers the fact that if you want your first track to be a
pre-recorded track, you merely hit control 1, navigate to the desired track,
and hit enter, and voila!  You have your first track of music... this would
be perfect for your intro music.

    Your second track could be your voice coming into the previous track
fading out.  For $54, it is an easy fix, although one that costs money.

    At some point, I would like to speak with you about how you are doing
the Internet radio thing.  You may have heard from my sister that I am in
Washington state now, so we may need to connect via email.  I'll send you an
email with my current email address via your Website email address.

    Take care, and give your mom my love...  Here is the URL:

    http://www.ntrack.com

Billy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jana Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 4:55 PM
Subject: Sound Forge Tutorial


> Hi, all!  I'm trying to find a tutorial for Sound Forge 8 that is
> accessible.  I need one ASAP.  Also, I'm planning to use Sound Forge to
> record radio shows.  I need to be able to talk over intros to songs
> sometimes, and I'll probably need to record intros to promote my show.
> Would SF be the right choice for me, since I already have it, or would it
> be
> better for me to go with GoldWave?  Thanks!
>
> Jana
>
> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.4.0/759 - Release Date: 4/12/2007
> 7:58 PM
>
>



Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to