Hi David,
Installing Rockbox on the IPod doesn't take more than 3 minutes. All you
have to do is run a program, hit a few keys, then copy and paste a
directory and a file. The big part is replacing your music if it's in
protected format if you have a lot of it.
I'd certainly be willing to help you through it if you needed any help,
but I can't see a reason to ship your IPod to someone for a 3 minute, if
not less, install.

Brandon