Sure hope someone can help, so I don't have to needlessly go out and
buy another burner.

For some reason, my cd drive/burner seems to have trouble reading
discs within Windows Explorer. No matter how many times I try
reinserting discs, I receive the dialog box telling me that I need to
place a disc in the drive, or something to that affect. This makes it
hard to understand how Nero has no trouble burning cds at all. It
seems to me that burning should be next to impossible if previously
burned discs can't be read in the first place.

Now before this really gets confusing, at times the disc can be read
by the drive immediately after the burn. And even if it couldn't read
them, Nero verifies that all files have been successfully burned to
disc. Any Ideas as to what might be the problem here?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Larry