This is the name of a mythical piece of software I would love for
someone to write or tell me where I could find.  It does much of what
Red Chair Software's MP3 Tag Verifier does, but with one additional
feature--it will tell you which MP3 ID tag(s) is(are) present, and
what version of the tag spec they are.

The reason I want this program is, I came up with some files recently
that everything in the world *except* Station Playlist Creator and
Studio can read, and Ross tells me the reason is that the files are
ID3 V2.2, which is supposedly ancient, that the current state of the
art is V2.4, Station Playlist only recognizes V2.3 and above and there
are no plans for iimplementing backward compatibility to V2.2 and
before.

I'm also supposing that I could run the files in question through the
Windows FIND utility and search for the string "V2.2" and retag those
files.  I just thought, before doing that, that there might be an
nicer way.



Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to