It's hard to say what may have happened. It could be a bad dvd or a dirty
lens or your computer was doing something in the backround causing the data
to come up false. I've written dvds and had them come up bad. If that
happens to me I usually restart my machine incase it's a memory problem and
I get a fresh dvd. Often times that will correct a problem. A good choice
is rewriteable dvds since you can write over them if there is a problem and
I use them now and again for my work here. Another way to go might be to
buy a good USB hard drive since there reasonably cheap now. Hope this
information helps.

On 8/28/2007 at 10:57 AM nick danger wrote:

>Greetings my fellow audio heads,
>
>Gotta share this with yall.  Recently had an interesting experience with
>writing data files to a DVD.  Every 3 months or so I backup all of my
>important data files.  I've got office 2002 on this thing and I use nero
>ultra version 6 to do the DVD and CD writing stuff; and I make it a common

>practice to do a backup of all of my backups just in case something goes
>awry. Well as the fates would have it something did indeed go quite awry.
>After creating the primary burn and testing to see if everything came out
>as
>it should I found that some of the data files read perfectly while quite a

>few failed to read at all. Ran every test in the book and still couldn't
>find any answers to why this happened. I then substituted the secondary
>backup DVD of the files and found that it not only read the files
>perfectly
>from the rom but just as flawless when reloaded back into the PC. My
>quandry
>here is what could have caused such a bum write with the primary DVD.
>I've
>been burning audio now for 6 years and have never seen that one till now.
>What do yall think could have happened? Pleased that I was able to solve
>things, but at the same time stumped.
>
>Tony
>

>Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>http://www.pc-audio.org

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

     djc's Jukebox: http://paulmerrell.net:9212 or
http://paulmerrell.net:9660 Saturday Evenings 9 to midnight Eastern.