Well i usually see artist and title separated by dashes, I know that
various pieces of software use the dashes as delimiters to establish
where one feeld starts and another feeld ends. For example, OTS DJ
will use this format to take note of the title and artist of a
particular track when playing it so that the correct information can
be displayed to those who are taking your Internet radio stream.
Itunes uses this way of file naming to import the correct song
information into its database.

On 07/10/2007, at 11:23 PM, albert griffith wrote:

> Often I see names of files, usually music, with underlines
> substituting for
> the spaces between words.  what's the purpose of this and are there
> advantages to composing titles this way instead of the  track and
> its author
> separated by spaces?

Dane Trethowan