Because it doesn't work.  I now have to switch with ctrl-tab to get to the
standard opening screen so that the alt-3 works.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Sanfilippo
  To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
  Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 10:31 AM
  Subject: RE: Winamp 5.5

  Hi,

  I just figure winamp figures its name is "winamp video". Long as it
  works, so what.

  Say, is there a way to stop jaws from announcing the title while
  something is playing? It isn't constant, but it's enough to be annoying
  when you don't want it. If it were really critical, I'd press insert v,
  end, space, enter, and shut jaws off temporarily. But I thought perhaps
  there's a setting somewhere I might know about.

  Advanced thanks,
  Js