Hi, just a few comments about the Victor stream.

1.  With the last firmware update the VR can now play audible files,
including type 4 or whatever they're called.  Obviously the player has
to be registered with the Audible software.

2.  Supports MP3, DAISY, including the American variant of course, and
.ogg files.  Virtually certain it'l play .wav files too.

3.  Good through an external powered speaker.

4.  Internal speaker not good for book listening and probably not
meant for that either.

5.  You can record memo notes with the Stream's built-in mic, or plug
an external mic in.  Sensitivity of this mic is very good.  Does
record to an odd sort of file compression type though and not sure
that it's easy, yet, to play these on a PC.

6.  Internal speaker is good for listening to memo recordings.

7.  Good support for text and HTML files too;  read by sythetic speech
which to my ear is good.  Maybe support for MS Word files too, but not
sure on that.  Navigation of text much improved with character, word,
line sentence and paragraph.

8.  Only real downside is USB 1.1.  This means if transfering files
via a UsB cable transfer is SLOW!  You can use an external card writer
though to place files on the SD cards it takes.

9.  Battery life good at around fifteen hours, and charges up quite
quickly.  (Some have had problems with batteries, but think this is
solved now.)

In short, for the money, it has to be a good deal, well in terms of
the cost of access tech devices anyway.  Overall quality of playback
is good, though critical music listeners might feel there's something
lacking quality-wise.

HTH.

>From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: