Hi.  This is why it's really, really important to make sure that you
don't just click yes like a mad man when you're going through these
installs. I've had like 5 other people on the list I run have similar
issues, and I can't imagine how everyone misses these checkboxes to
install the Winamp remote, and the Winamp toolbar for Internet explorer.

. Now, because I chose the custom install instead of the standard
one, that's probably why the check boxes showed up.  But anymore when
it comes to installing a media player, and yes sadly Winamp nowadays
even, it's really important to always choose the custom
install.  That way you know *exactly* what's happening during the
instalation and can avoid any other weird software being installed
that you don't want on your machine.  Believe me, I went through this
too, and my atempt isn't to chide or look down on anyone else for not
knowing, it's quite the opposite. I want to help folks to not make
the same mistakes I made and had to fix later.

Hope that helps.