Earlier in the week I posted a reply in this thread comparing RadioTime
and Replay AV.
Sometimes, a feature in an automated program can also serve as a
hindrance.
Here is a real world illustration.
One of the program's features is that Radiotime can find what it believes
is the best feed for a program at a given time and, if it believes, there
is a problem with the feed,originally scheduled, it turns to an alternate.
Sounds real good in theory, right?
Well, last Sunday, RT was scheduled to record 2 hours from WJR Detroit
from 12 noon to 2 pm Eastern.
It is recording Glenn Haege's local detroit version of his national "Ask
the Handyman Program".
Well the feed begins and as the intro for Glenn is just about to begin,
out of nowhere the program switches to a church service.
Very curious, indeed.
How do you explain this?  Well, it turns out that the service was on a
station in Port Angeles, WA which, according to the listed schedule in
Radiotime's database, supposedly carries the
nationally syndicated version of that show.
So, judge for yourself whether this should be deemed a program advantage
or detriment.
Fortunately, for me, as Glenn was doing a 3 hour instead of 2 hour show
that day, I also scheduled a recording for that in RAV so I didn't lose
anything.
Interesting how some of the wonders of technology sometimes overdo their
task.