can you offer more to what the program does? improve sound or convert formats?

for sound quality, you may want to tinker with SRS WOW effects in WMP 11. It
takes some getting use to, but it's a nice tool to improve bass response and
tweek surround sound effects. It comes up under enhanced settings, such as
equalizer, cross fading and etc.

Best Regards,
Cornell