Ok, I tgot my Magic Jack, it all sounded so easy....sorry!
I am leary of anything that just says, plug it in and this is it.
No way, it should tell you that there is an exchange between the device
and the internet and some sort of download or files downlod.
I want some control over what goes into my com but not whith this and the
following took place....
As we set up my phone to make the switch to MJ and all went well with
this and then we plugged in the MJ and it came up ok but then about a
minute into the wait and something was downloading or making a try at it,
my com locked up and it tells me that there is a conflict.

My Jaws was knocked out and there was nothing to do but start over.
I did make the mistake of not shutting down all my other programs such as
Magic 10, and Jaws 8 and maybe Word was running but the instructions
should have said something.
We started over this time, and now it tells me that we need to plug into
the USB but this was already done. So now we put the plug device into a
second USB plug and it repeats but seems to move on and we get to the web
site but now my jaws is gone and it will not restart.
I tried hitting my dial tone, it worked fine and hit a preloaded number
but no go.

We tried several more times, but now my entire system was acting slow,
and my jaws would not work properly.
I tried to find out what had downloded into my system but nothing called
Magic Jack could be found. I thought I might clean it out and start over.
There were some files anew but unnamed and had no idea what they went to
or what they might do.

So, got really pissed, redid my phone back to its regular place, and now
have made an appointment with my techy to come out this week and maybe
find what the heck has happened.

I will have to run a repair on my jaws and hope that will fix it.
I only hope that the rest of the programs might work and i am soon to
ttry.

Some of this could have been from me...because I did not shut down all my
programs.
Wehn my com locked up we had to reboot and somewhere in here we could
have goofed things up but still, my jaws program is most important and no
way can anything shut or take it over.

So, I gave the MJ to my son in law for a test on his com, he knows more
about this stuff than myself

So, so far I cannot recommend MJ to anyone who runs jaws or other speech
programs.

But I will test it out on my kids program next.
I run a XP-home Del with plenty of memory and plenty of space and that is
it for now folks
If anyone might know of a fix with this, please let me know.
MMM

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!