Subject: Re: DTV Converter Boxes> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:13:12 -0400> > High
Tom,> That is something that I am wondering about too as well.> I called and
spoke to someone at RadioShack, but he said he didn't know.> I don't really
want to buy another TV set either.> But if I have to, I will.> But I wish that
I could get a 19 inch HD LCD TV cheaper then $500.> John.> ----- Original
Message ----- > From: "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:58 PM> Subject: DTV Converter Boxes> > > > Has
anyone purchased any of the DTV converter boxes that are > > available in the
United States so an analog television set > > can be used with the new DTV
system? So far, it seems like > > they all require a television set to be
connected to them. > > I'm hoping there might be, at least, a few that can be
used > > as a stand alone television audio only receiver.> > > > For those not
aware of it, all analog television transmission > > in the United States will
be turned off next February. Two > > forty dollar coupons can be obtained to
help purchase two > > analog to DTV converter boxes for those who can't or
don't > > want to buy a new television set.> > > > The original upper
television channels were auctioned off to > > telecommunication and other
companies for something in the > > order of eighteen billion dollars. Wonder if
other countries > > are doing something similar to this?> > > > Thanks,> > > >
http://www.pc-audio.org> > > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank
email to: > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and