Well, yes, suppose rippping is what you do in copying the original CD into
a program such as Nero;  but then Nero makes the process of copying from
CD to CD very easy and will do it at 16x or maybe more - though good
reliable audio copies are done at no more than 16x.

The commercial consumer CD copiers from the likes of Sony and Marantz tend
to copy more slowly than this, maybe 4x 8x.  The more professional ones
from makers such as Tascam will copy at 16x.

Many will tell you they copy at greater than 16x these days, but I'm
erring on the side of reliability of CD copies in saying what I have on
this subject.

Cheers,
Ray.