Larry

I can only make some intelligent guesses as to why CC blocks its streams
internationally and other major U.S. players don't.

(1)  Their attorneys have advised them to do this.  Keep in mind that
different lawyers have different legal opinions.  These opinions may also
be a result of a company's past history or aversion for lawsuits.

(2  cc MAY HAVE reached an agreement with certain royalty organizations to
do this in exchange for some concession.

Short of a definitive statement from the company, all we can do is play a
guessing game which really isn't all that productive.

Out of curiosity, have you seen the same blockage with talk, news and
sports stations as with music ones?

                Mike