From: "Keith Gillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: pc-gain

Sure good luck!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Harmon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:13 PM

Thanks,  This is very useful.

Rick
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Gillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 4:45 PM

Hi,

Here is a la little more help for you:

To permanently remove clipping and keep volume differences between each
track on an album:
Open MP3 Gain,
(tick): Options\Each Folder Is Album
(tick)Options\Advanced\Enable Maximizing Features

Then do an Album/Track Analyze,
If Any Mp3 file in Mp3gain has a "Y" (yes) under the clipping bar then, Go
to the "modify gain" menu, "Apply max no clip gain for album".

If you only want to modify files with clipping and don't care about keeping
volume differences between each track on an album you "Apply max no clip
gain for each file" instead of "Apply max no clip gain for album".

And that's it, now your files have no clipping distortion.

What do you do if you want all your MP3's to have the same volume
irrespective of the source album?
To get all your files to have the same loudness,

Do a Track Analysis,

In the, Target "Normal" Volume Field choose the Volume all your selected
files will have (default 89dB is recommended),

Then do a Track gain.

If you would like your Mp3 files to be as close to your Target "Normal"
Volume as possible while maintaining volume differences between each file on
an album you simply
Do a Album Analysis instead of a Track Analysis & a Album gain instead of a
Track Gain.

And if any file still has clipping you should lower the Target "Normal"
Volume value.

B.TW This is Basically answered in the Mp3Gain Help file. If you are unsure
of anything else you should probably refer to it first.

hth...KG