That's handy for some people but I have to confess, I'm all for
convenience.  I want a MP3 player and its cheap then fine! I just got
to my local store and "buy"! what's require, no paper work, no need to
fill out application forms, no need to talk to half a dozen different
people and more importantly, I can say I purchased what I have off my
own back without relying on Governments and company's to help the
"poor blind man", yes there are deserving cases of course!.

On 20/09/2008, at 4:46 AM, Jonathan Mosen wrote:

> Hi Rick, I've never thought envy to be a particularly constructive
> emotion,
> and as someone who grew up in a not very well-off working class
> family of
> five, I believe we make our own opportunities.
>
> But anyway, AT&T are offering some very good subsidies on some of this
> technology. In fact I think you can get a Nokia phone with Code
> Factory's
> Mobile Speak Pocket for less than the cost of a Stream.
>
> The KNFB Reader may be a problem, but where there is a genuine
> vocational
> need, funding has been made available. So it is an option that may
> cost less
> than many people think.
>
> Also I think to really work out the cost, it's important to
> calculate the
> individual devices separately, IE, a not very accessible or poorly
> featured
> phone plus MP3 player.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jonathan

Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:Dane Trethowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone +61 3 9005 8589
Fax/TTY +61 3 9743 7954
mobile/sms: +614 418 773 532
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]