This solution may be of interest, as it seems I'm not the only one with
Flash9 problems.  First, I did run the Uninstall Flashplayer and rebooted.

Then searched for Flashplayer 10 on Google and bounced around the Adobe
site a bit.  After almost downloading a beta version for Solaris I found
the usual "Agree and Install" button.  On the second try the InfoBar came
up and presented the ActiveX option.  The difference?  This time it
loaded.

Just before this step I'd downloaded Shockwave Ver. 11 which, unlike
Flashplayer, needs a permission from Windows Live Onecare to install.
Also D/L'ed the optional update for root certificates from MS earlier.

Mentioning this in case one of those two steps were the real reason for my
success.  Thanks for responses on this list, and of course, HTH!
--
I had a quote for y'all, but the clipboard fizzled again.  All the best, Max.

Jonathan Mosen List Founder