To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: WavPack compression and Decompression?

I'm not a WavPack user, so I'm just going on what I see on the web pages, but maybe Speek's Frontend from http://www.wavpack.com/links.html is what you're looking for.

Other than that, the command line utility may have what you want. I'm thinking of WavPack Win32 from http://www.wavpack.com/downloads.html.

Finally, I would assume that if you had the plugin for Winamp or used a program that supported WavPack natively, such as Foobar2000, Jet Audio, ..., then you could just use that program as you normally would to create WavPacfk audio files.

I'm not sure if that's going to help or not, but if not, I hope someone else will weigh in and help you out.

Dana S. Leslie wrote:
The descriptions of the various items to download at:
http://www.wavpack.com/downloads.html
leave me somewhat confuse. Which item do I want to download and install, to be able to compress my audio files in the wavpack format, and decompress them again?

Thank you.

Blessed Be, Namaste,

Dana
that's Dana, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
If your synthesizer pronounces them identically, instruct your customized pronunciation dictionary that Dana=dayna.

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE