Hi.

Yup, this is exactly the case. When you have a file with the .rar extention, it's exactly like, or extremely close to a .zip file, which means it looks like it's only one file but when you open it, it actually may contain several other smaller files. On Sendspace for example, people have been known to use both .rar and .zip files to send large files to keep them smaller. It's much easier to send one much larger file than having to send several smaller ones. The .rar or .zip files you see aren't meant to be converted, at least not when you first see them. After you extract them, or unzip them in the case of winzip, or XP's native unzipping support, you can do whatever you like with the files contained in the archive. But you can't actually convert a .rar file into something else.