Thanks for the info, Ray and Gary! I'll have a look! I don't use vinyl any more, but my brother asked me if I could somehow transfer a couple of his to CD. I hope that I can, and maybe grab a copy for myself! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray" <rays-h...@raynetbrm.plus.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: Seeking information on USB turntables

Well, there were such things as Music Centres - as we called them here in
Brittain - which combined turntables with cassette decs.  Still we're
talking 'old' here, and I guess you want a USB hardware device that does the
two.

I've not seen an USB combi anywhere for transfering old anoalogue stuff. I
know here a brand called ION  has seemingly cornered the market in three
seperate units that do vinyl records, audio cassettes, and VHS videos. So
I if you've not held on to the various old stuff that could have done this
via hooking through a converter, then this is the only way to go.

Ray.

Gary Wood wrote:
I would like to know if there's such an animal as a cassette recorder or
player with a built-in turntable. I would like to take some of my cassettes
and maybe a vinal or two and put them on the harddrive, so I can burn them
to CD's!  Anyone know about this?