Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I got the picture that most of the controls are on the ear buds that come with this device. If so, that's a show stopper right there and right now, especially for some of us who can't wear ear buds or prefer the old fashioned type head sets.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: Apple Releases New Ipod

Yep, well could this be the beginning of Daisy books and son on found on an Ipod?

On 12/03/2009, at 8:01 AM, Gary King wrote:

It sounds like a nice little player. It wasn't made clear in the article how the text -to-speech is implemented though, whether it is built-in or transferred.

I also followed the link to the press release and found a link to some interesting facts about lithium-polymer batteries, charging cycles, running time and lifespan.

Gary King
w4...@bellsouth.net