Hi All,
I use Soundforge 9.0E for e editing. When pressing the letter q, I can then select material and SF plays the selection as I move along and as I select the more.

However, something I did now made SF not let me har the selected materail as I am holding down shift and arrowing to the right to select audio material.

A sighted friend said something is being select4ed//highlighted, but SF is not letting me hear the selected mmaterials as before. Hope that doesn't sound to confusing. I will write the steps I take below so someone may understand my problem better.
How things use to work.

1.  Press the letter q.
2.  Press the space bar followed by holding down the left shift key.
3. While holding down the left shift, I arrow right and can hear only the material I am selecting.

How things work now.

1.  Press the letter q.
2.  Press the space bar followed by holding down the left shift key.
3. While holding down the left shift, I arrow right and can not hear the material I am selecting. 4. I have tried pressing control plus left arrow to move to the beginning of the file.
5.  Then I have pressed q again.
6. Pressed space followed by the left shift plus right arrow with no text beingselecteed.7. If I press q again while the file is playing, it will stop playing. Then if I press the spacebar, I will hear a smal snip of what was selected.
In short how can I make things behave again?

I would be extremely greatful for any help.