Hello,

I use Exact Audio Copy and LAME for MP3 encoding.  Exact Audio Copy
can also encode with the lossless FLAC format and I rip music CD’s in
FLAC.  EAC scans each track twice and compares the .wav forms.  If
there is not a match, it scans the track more than 20 times trying to
obtain two results that match the closest.  In this way, EAC achieves
perfect or near perfect rips of CD’s.  Because the encoder is
external, I can use the latest versions of LAME and FLAC for ripping.
With CDEX, this is tricky to do and one is generally left with the
outdated technology.

With EAC rips, you will be satisfied with the results for your
lifetime. It is that good.

Kelly