Hi Gordon,

To split MP3 files you might like to try the free program MP3DirectCut
available from http://mpesch3.de1.cc.  I hope this helps.

Regards Steve.

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 04:24:53 +0100
"G. McFarlane" <g...@exponential.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm looking for advice either on using Windows Media
Player 11 or on how to split MP3 files quickly and easily.

> Recently I downloaded a 10 hour mp3 book. I can speed it up in
Windows Media Player but on using the Seek option or Fast
Forward one I keep getting stuck on the increments Media player allows.
I cannot seem just to fast forward to the place I stopped so I can
restart.

> If I were to cut up the file, say in Gold Wave, is there an easy
way of specifying the sections to break it into, then saving each into
more manageable files for playback in WMP at the fast speed?

Regards Steve
Email:  s...@internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser...@hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963