I can't speak for the iPod touch, but you asked whether it truly works as
advertised.  I can tell you that my experience with the iPhone has been
extremely rewarding, and those features do seem to work as advertised and
then some.

My apologies to the list moderator if this reply is somewhat off topic.  I
suppose I could humbly argue that the iPhone is mentionable here because it
includes the iPod component.  My point is, the access does indeed work as
they say it does.  Yes, there's a bit of a learning curve, and I can't say
I've mastered everything in the three weeks or so since I've had the phone,
but it's pretty rewarding and fun to use.  I would like a spell checker, but
now that's really off topic, so I'll close and send this.

Nolan