Hi, Andre.
I don't think you need a shotgun mic like the rode to do interviews and
environmental recordings, and as
someone else here has said, I think the rode might be too sensitive  for the
input of the plextalk. I
think for interviews and environmental sounds you might do just as well getting
a mic with an
omnidirectional pickup pattern meaning that it would pick up in all directions
equally well. For
interviews you could get close  to your subject and for environmental sounds it
would record ambiance very
well. The problem with mics like the videomic is that unless your directly
pointing the mic at the sound
source you won't get a good recording, whereas omnidirectional mics are much
more forgiving. You also could
use a dynamic rather than a condensor mic, so you wouldn't need a mic with a
battery. Omnidirectional
dynamic mics like the audiotechnica at-804 are very nice, and audiotechnica
makes other omni
condensor mics like the atm-10a, which might work   well for your purposas.